The Master of Philosophy in Accounting programme aims to train human resource in Accounting, with the focus on teaching and research in the fields of Accountancy.
The objectives of the programme are to:
• Provide an in-depth understanding and mastery of the theories, methods and practices of Accounting as an academic discipline and a profession.
• Equip students with research methodologies, techniques and analytical frameworks as well as statistical packages needed for the accounting discipline.
• Develop student’s critical thinking, scholarly writing and presentation skills as well as their ability to publish in ranked scientific journals.
• Equip students with ethical values and principles required of a researcher to be able to carry out accounting research and practice in an ethical manner.
• Prepare students for teaching and research careers in the public and private sectors to make contributions to the advancement of the accounting discipline.
Target group include those working in the following sectors:
• Educational and Research Institutions
• Accounting and Auditing firms
• Consultancy and Advisory firms
• Public Administration
• International Organizations.
• Non-profit organizations and Civil Society Organisations
Twenty four (24) months
Regular (Morning) only
Prospective applicants are required to have any of the following qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, and Accounting & Finance with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division from any university/institution recognized by GTEC.
• A bachelor’s degree in Finance with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division from any university/institution recognized by GTEC plus level two of the professional accounting qualifications from ICAG, ACCA, CIMA etc.
• MBA in Accounting and Finance degree may also be considered.
• Professional accounting qualification from ICAG, ACCA, CIMA etc. with evidence of an independent research work carried out.