Programme Aims and Objectives
The Master of Business Administration in Impact Entrepreneurship and Innovation degree programme aims at contributing to the advancement of knowledge through the conception of independent business ideas and growing them. The programme settles well in the national development agenda of Ghana and beyond. Its introduction will lead to improvement in human capital, technologies, and economic growth.
The objectives of the programme are to:
• Train aspiring and/or active entrepreneurs to start or scale up business projects that have a significant social or environmental impact in Ghana and beyond.
• Equip entrepreneurs with effective tools and methodologies to design and innovate on both existing business and concepts.
• Provide entrepreneurs with effective innovative strategies for building a competitive advantage in growing their businesses.
• Equip students with the ability to perform financial analysis using financial statement information and disclosures to assess the financial performance of business enterprises for decision making.
• Provide analytical skills in market orientation and methodologies to understand and analyse their markets.
• Demonstrate the ability to appraise and apply financial analysis techniques to the valuation of assets and the overall business.
• Equip students with skills to analyse the impact of economic variables, legislation, ethics, technology, and the environment on an organization’s operations.
• Train a generation of entrepreneurs able to combine economic success and social impact.
• Create a community of social entrepreneurs who are resolved to scale up their businesses across the globe.
The programme’s employment prospect is in three folds. Firstly, it intends to equip students with the requisite skills to start their own business. Secondly, it will train people who already run their business to scale it up. Thirdly, it will cultivate in employees the entrepreneurial drive essential for the growth of business that they can adapt and use to improve the functions of their company of employment. Sectorial, employment prospects are listed below: Private and Public sectors, Financial Sector, Agriculture sector, Information and Technology sectors.
Duration: 18 months
Available Sessions: Evening, Weekends and Sandwich