Master of Business Administration in Auditing
The aims and objectives of the Master of Business Administration in Auditing are to:
• Develop students’ knowledge, skills, and practical approach to audit functions from the planning stage to the reporting stage.
• Equip students with practical knowledge to design and develop internal control manuals for organisations.
• Equip students with the practical knowledge in both external and internal auditing.
• Provide students with the necessary internal controls techniques that will enable management to attain objectives.
• Equip students with the requisite skills and expertise to conduct forensic audit.
• Equip students with computer assisted techniques and programmes to perform audit.
On the successful completion of the MBA Auditing, graduates will:
• Demonstrate considerable knowledge of the Auditing profession.
• Demonstrate considerable knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment and its impact on audit.
• Design an internal control manual for an organisation.
• Apply an effective forensic system capable of detecting and preventing organizational fraud.
• Conduct a complete internal and external audit task in any organisation.
Accounting and Finance Managers, Internal and External Auditors and Leaders in all sectors as well as aspiring graduate students who want to be more effective in today’s challenging business environment by acquiring an advanced qualification in the field of Auditing are encouraged to apply.
Duration: Two Academic Years
Available Sessions: Regular, Evening and Weekend
Prospective applicants to the above MBA programmes must have a bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class Lower Division in Accounting and/or Finance/Auditing or an equivalent relevant, recognised chartered professional certificate in Accounting or related field.
Applicants with Third Class in Business/Finance/Account or related fields will be required to go through screening and selection interview.