Master of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance
The MBA Accounting and Finance programme of the University of Professional Studies is designed to meet high level academic and professional needs of the public and private sectors of economies worldwide. The programme seeks to equip students will:
• Develop the skills to play a higher role in managing their organisation’s operations as well as develop their expertise in the key areas of accounting finance.
• Prepare and communicate financial statements, reports, and other documents in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for all industries.
• Analyse within context, the impact of economic variables, legislation, ethics, and technology within a business environment that will ensure an organisational success.
• Explain the impact of unethical behaviours and activities on the social capital and reputation of the organisation using case study.
• Develop the abilities to understand and appreciate emerging national and international business financial issues.
• Apply contemporary risk management strategies to mitigate the negative operational ramifications and appropriately report to management using efficient report writing skills (e.g. including: commentary on figures, project reports)
Target audience includes practicing Accountants, Finance Managers, Management Accountants and practitioners in related fields.
Duration: Two Academic Years
Available Sessions: Regular, Evening and Weekend
Prospective applicants to the above MBA programmes must have a bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class Lower Division in Accounting and/or Finance/Auditing or an equivalent relevant, recognised chartered professional certificate in Accounting or related field.
Applicants with Third Class in Business/Finance/Account or related fields will be required to go through screening and selection interview.