UPSA has established a graduate programme in Peace, Security and Intelligence Management to give its graduates specialized skills sets to identify, tackle, and respond to emerging challenges. Within the broad framework of the Centre’s mandate, the programme seeks to offer prospects for research and innovative thinking and offer solutions to the challenges faced by West African states. This is especially so within the growing fields of peace, security, and intelligence Management.
Aims of the Programme
The programme aims at developing reflective professionals who understand the multiple forces at work in peace, intelligence, and security environments related to their areas of specialization, and can also offer leadership in taking action to anticipate, analyze, prevent, manage, and resolve security situations.
Objectives of the Programme
The objectives of the programme are to:
• Introduce students to the principles and management of peace, security and intelligence dynamics.
• Provide students with a broad theoretical understanding of peace, security and intelligence together with exposure to a range of skills.
• Emphasize a system-based, cross-cultural approach to peace, security and intelligence and their interrelated analyses and management.
• Discuss intergroup and interagency collaboration strategies among governments, corporations, institutions, and different stakeholder groups over issues related to governance, especially hybrid forms of peace, security and intelligence provision.
• Emphasize the management of collaborative forms of international dimensions of peace, security, and intelligence.
• Emphasize the management of international dimensions of peace, security, and intelligence.
• Build the capacity of prospective lower, middle, and top-level executives in peace, security, and intelligence.
• Improve specific practical and analytical skill sets of students to conduct research in peace, security and intelligence.
• Provide students with an opportunity for a field-based visit.
The target audience includes Government security and allied services (Military Personnel, National Security Officers, etc), NGOs in peace and security, law enforcement agencies, legal profession, public sector, researchers, private security sector, traditional and chieftaincy sectors, private institutions/organizations.
Duration: 12 months
Available sessions: Evening, Weekends and Sandwich