Philosophy of the Programme
The Master of Arts in Media and Digital Communication Management aims to produce graduates and professionals who are on the cusp of what is new and evolving, appreciate how consumers interact with brands online and know the strategies to deploy to win digital publics and customers. This graduate-level programme seeks to train middle and top-level management personnel in both the private and public sectors of the economy to leverage technology, the media and digital communications to the advantage of their organizations. The comprehensive and industry- relevant curriculum prepare and train students to acquire practical skills required for media planning and management, strategic digital communication and content management. Graduates may take on roles such as Corporate social media strategists, Corporate graphic design managers, Media consultants, Digital media entrepreneurs, Digital communication strategists, Media content creators, Online video/audio editors.
The objectives of the MPhil in Media and Digital Communication Management programme are to:
• Equip students with philosophical and theoretical knowledge of the field of digital communication and media management.
• Develop students’ skills and competences to undertake independent research to address skills gap in academia and digital communication related problems in media and industry.
• Train students in the techniques of authentic customer information sourcing and media management.
• Equip students with practical skills to enable them use relevant computer software for digital communication research and others such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe InDesign and Angular for graphic designing and mobile development.
• Develop students’ digital media entrepreneurial capacity to enable them set up digital communication businesses and venture into related research.
Outcome of the Programme
• Equip students with knowledge and skills in digital media management.
• Train students to prepare, deploy, and manage audio-visual content for online platforms.
• Equip students with the techniques of authentic customer information sourcing and management.
• Prepare a media and digital communication campaign for a firm or organization
• Train students to apply project management principles to execute a virtual consumer, public relations, content creation, or marketing project.
DURATION: 1 year (12 months)
SESSIONS: Evening and Weekend
• A good first degree, preferably a second class lower or better, in a relevant field of study from an accredited/recognized university.
• Applicants with third class will be required to go through screening and a selection interview.
• International applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their home country institutions, for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana and submitted to the University.
• Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required from students from non-English speaking countries.
For further information, contact the Programme’s Coordinator on 0242639243