Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
The UPSA Law School invites applications for admission to its BACHELOR OF LAWS (LLB) Degree programme for the 2023/2024 Academic Year. The LLB Degree programme is offered in two cohorts:
• Three (3)-Year LL.B Degree Programme for First Degree Holders
• Four (4)-Year LL.B Degree Programme for Non- First Degree Holders
The programme is a rigorous one and prepares students for admission into the professional training at the Ghana School of Law.
Three (3)-Year Post First Degree LLB Programme
This is an evening school programme which is designed for students with a first degree in any discipline but who wish to enroll on the LL.B programme with the likely intention of becoming lawyers in the future.
Note 1: The 3-Year Post First Degree LL.B Programme is an undergraduate programme.
Interested applicants must have been awarded a first degree in any relevant discipline from a recognized institution and must have obtained a minimum of a Second Class Lower.
Applicants must, in addition, have WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE credit passes of at least grade C6 or D respectively in three (3) core subjects and three (3) elective subjects or credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any Science subject at the GCE ‘O’ Level in addition to three ‘A’ Level passes plus a pass in General Paper.
Entrance Examination and Selection Interview
The 3-Year Post First Degree LL.B qualified short-listed applicants will be required to take an Entrance Examination which will attract a non-refundable examination fee of GH¢100. Applicants who are successful in the Entrance Examination will go through a Selection Interview. The Entrance Examination and Selection Interview will be held as follows:
|Entrance Examination||Selection Interview|
|Date||Saturday, 3rd June, 2023||Date||Monday 12th July to Tuesday, 20th July 2023|
|Time||8.00 am||Time||9.00 am|
|Venue||LBC||Venue||UPSA Law School Conference Room|
Note 2: The Three (3)-Year Post First Degree LLB applicants are to note that lectures are held from Monday to Friday (Evenings) and Saturday (morning).
Four (4)-Year Ll.B Degree Programme for Non-First Degree Holders (Full-Time Day)
Qualifications acceptable for admission:
– West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
– Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
– American High School Grade 12 with at least Final Grade Point of 3.0.
– WAEC General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
– General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)/ Cambridge GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level
• WASSCE and SSSCE/GBCE applicants must have at least credit passes (i.e. grade A1-C6 and grade A-D respectively) in three core subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies in addition to any three elective subjects.
Note 1: Current final year SHS students, who will be writing WASSCE/GBCE in May/June 2021, are also eligible to apply. They will be required to indicate correctly their WASSCE/GBCE index numbers on the online application form.
• WAEC General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level must have passes in any three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be grade D or better) plus a pass in General Paper. In addition, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) or better in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any Science Subject at the GCE Ordinary (‘O’) Level.
• General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)/ Cambridge GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level applicants must have at least five (5) credit passes including English and Mathematics at the GCSE/Baccalaureate/Cambridge ‘O’ Level and three subjects at the ‘A’ Level.