REQUIREMENTS FOR MATURE APPLICANTS
Mature Applicants applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirements:
- Attained a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years by Friday, 30th June, 2023.
- Show proof of age with birth certificate which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ work experience and should be able to provide a letter of appointment from their employer or show any proof of employment.
- Must have second cycle school education e.g. secondary, technical, and vocational.
- Must pass the University’s Mature Access Course Entrance Examinations which comprise Mathematics, English Language and Aptitude Test. A mature applicant shall be deemed to have passed the entrance examinations for consideration for admission if he/she obtains a pass mark of in each paper.
- Must pass a Selection Interview.
Successful applicants will be placed in Level 100.
ACCESS COURSE/EXAMINATION FEES:
- Mathematics : Two hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢250.00)
- English : Two hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢250.00)
- Aptitude Test : Three hundred Ghana Cedis (GH¢300.00)
PAYMENTS: Payments could be made directly at any branch of Ecobank and present the pay-in-slip to the UPSA Cash Office of the Finance Directorate for an official receipt and proceed to Admissions Office (Room 07, Seidu Mustapha Wing) for Registration.
REGISTRATION AND MATURE ACCESS COURSE
Registration for the Mature Access Course Classes and Entrance Examinations begins immediately in the Admissions Office (Room 7, Seidu Mustapha Wing) and will end on Friday, 30th June, 2023.
- Access Course
Access Course will be organised for all prospective Mature Applicants who have paid their access course/examination fees in full by Friday, 30thJune, 2023.
(i) Subject Areas
The Course will cover the following subject areas:
(a) Aptitude Test (Quantitative Aptitude and Verbal Aptitude)
(c) English Language
(ii) Period for Access Course: Monday, 3rd July, 2023 to Saturday, 26th August, 2023.
(iii) Revision Week: Monday, 28th August to Thursday, 31st August, 2023
(iii) Venue for Access Course: To be announced later
Mature Access Course Entrance Examinations will be held on Friday, 1st September, 2023 and Saturday, 2nd September, 2023 as follows:
|DATE & TIME||TYPE OF EXAMINATION||REMARKS|
|Friday, 1st September, 2023 (9:00am)||Mathematics||Compulsory for all Mature Applicants|
|Friday, 1st September, 2023 (2:00pm)||English Language||Compulsory for all Mature Applicants|
|Saturday, 2nd September, 2023 (9:00 am)||Aptitude Test||Compulsory for all Mature Applicants|
- Mature Applicants for BSc in Actuarial Science programme with credit passes in Additional
Mathematics or Elective Mathematics at the GCE ‘O ‘Level/WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE is an added advantage.
- Applicants for the Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management and Finance programme are required to have credit passes in Economics, Geography and any other elective subject.
- Admission is NOT AVAILABLE for mature students to the LLB programme.
Further information on the Mature Access Course Classes and Entrance Examinations may be obtained from the Admissions Office by calling telephone number: 0303-937544/0303-937542 or e-mail: [email protected]
Applicants who do not meet any of the requirements above MUST NOT APPLY. Fees paid to the University are NOT refundable.