THE CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF LOGISTICS & TRANSPORT (CILT)-GHANA
The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) is the leading international professional body associated with logistics and transport. With over 33,000 members working in over 100 countries across the globe. CILT holds unparalleled professional international recognition.
The principal objective of the Institute is “To promote and encourage the art and science of logistics and transport”.
The Institute achieves this objective through both its membership and its educational qualifications. Membership provides a professional identity to those in the logistics and transport sector, as well as international recognition. The Institute’s professional qualifications educate not only those already in the sector but also those wishing to enter into it.
Objectives of the Course:
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Professionally manage logistics, warehousing, ports, fleet and transport operations at a supervisory level
• Become part of the world’s most established professional body for Logistics and Transport professionals
• Use the skills and knowledge gained to excel in one of the most significant, rewarding and progressive sectors of the economy
• Apply for the rank of Member (MILT) and pursue the Professional Diploma Programme in Logistics and Transport.
• Engage in all local and international activities of the CILT
• Reap the paybacks of a new type of career continuity that CILT offers its members
Who can study for CILT qualifications?
The course is suitable for persons who are either already senior managers, middle line managers and supervisors working in the field of Logistics and Transport, Fleet Transport Managers, Freight Forwarders, Supply and Transport department or ANY ONE desiring to switch or move into this profession. Others are Warehousing and Stores Managers, Shipping Companies Workers.
Qualifications in logistics and transport are offered from Level 1 through to Level 6 and are delivered through classroom training delivered by UPSA, as an accredited learning centre.
Students can start at Level 1 and progress to level 6. The courses at the various levels are given below:
1. INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT -CILT
This is designed to increase core skills and knowledge and build the confidence to improve personally and professionally. Candidates must complete three core units, and one unit from a selection of five optional subjects.
• Business Theory
• Business Application
• Supply Chain Management
Optional Modules (choose one)
• Warehousing Management
• Inventory Management
• Passenger Transport Operations
• Freight Transport Operations
• Transport Planning
• Green Logistics
• Global Logistics
• Port Operations
To qualify for this programme, participants ought to have been educated up to Senior High School (SHS), GCE Ordinary and Advanced Levels with a minimum grade of Credit; or equivalent professional qualifications.
2. INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT -DILT
Candidates must successfully complete five (5) modules through examinations (2 Mandatory (M) + 1 Elective (E) + 2 Optional (O)) or (2 Mandatory (M) + 2 Elective (E) + 1 Optional (O))
It is advised that students/participants who want to specialize in Transport Management or Planning would select 2M + 2E +1O permutation. Those who want to specialize in Logistics or Supply Chain should select the 2M + 1E + 2O permutation.
• Management in Logistics and Transport
Supply Chain Management
• Transport Planning
• Transport Operations
1. Inventory Management
2. Movement of Goods
3. Movement of People
4. Retail Logistics
5. Sourcing and Procurement
7. Supply Chain Flow Planning
8. International Business/Global Logistics
9. Supply Chain Network Planning
10. Transport and Society
To enter for the Diploma qualification, you will need to provide evidence of:
• Possession of the International Professional Certificate in Logistics and Transport
• Possession of a University Degree and/or HND (or equivalencies) coupled with relevant areas of study.
• Holders of BSc. Ports and Shipping Administration Certificate
In addition, participants must have worked in a logistics and transport environment for a minimum of three years.
3. INTERNATIONAL ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT
The Advanced Diploma aims to give senior managers and leaders strategic management and decision-making skills to enable them to aspire to the highest levels of management. The Advanced Diploma also includes organizational planning. Participants are expected to become familiar with analytical concepts and to use them in their management roles. They will be aware of ethical issues, sustainability and global environmental issues.
Candidates must successfully complete five (5) Compulsory Modules:
1. Strategic Contexts
2. Leadership and Strategic Management
3. Strategic Network Planning
4. Delivery Strategic Performance
5. Research Methods and Professional Projects
• Possession of the International Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport or
• First Degree/Masters in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transport or Procurement related discipline with any accredited institution.
• In addition, participants must have worked in a Logistics and Transport environment for a minimum of three years.